Cookies Policy of Skinkart
What is a cookie?
Cookies are a set of small text files which is placed by the websites to customize the user experience of the visitors, analyse the traffic on a particular website, and for advertisement measurement. Cookies and other tracking technologies such as pixels are used to improve the user experience, track analytics data, and give a great advertising experience to the users by way of newsletters and social media platforms. These cookies and other similar technologies are used by the websites to enhance the efficiency of the website and to make them secure for users.
Where cookies are placed and can you restrict the access of these cookies?
These cookies are placed on your computer or your mobile device via the website server and you can also block or restrict these cookies. But to ensure a smooth website surfing experience, you should accept these cookies.
What are the Benefits of using cookies on a website?
What are the Types of Cookies Used by Different Websites?
With the sole purpose to enhance the experience of the users at their website, different types of cookies are being used by the websites. In general, diverse websites make use of the following cookies, however, the use of these small sets of files may vary from one particular website to the other.
- First Party Cookies
First-party cookies are small text file that is installed directly by the website that you are using. These types of files are stored in a website for the long term; therefore, they help the website owner to know your preferences, information, and settings whenever you revisit any website in the future. For example, menu settings, themes, and language settings are stored on the website with the help of first-party cookies, and therefore, the website owner can track your preferences based on the customized information stored.
- Third-Party Cookies
Third-party cookies are the set of files that are used by third parties that do not own the website. The main aim of using cookies by the third party is to research the diverse aspects related to user’s demographics, behaviour, and spending habits.
- Session Cookies
Session cookies are also known as temporary cookies as they remain on a website only for the period the users are accessing the website. Session cookies are the most suited for shopping and e-commerce websites.
- Permanent Cookies
Permanent cookies are stored at a website even after the user has discontinued using the website. Permanent cookies are very useful for website owners as they help to analyse the taste and preferences of the users for a long time.
Different Types of Cookies Used at Skinkart
At Skinkart, we use a lot of cookies that enhance the experience of users and help us to analyse their preferences and track their analytics and performance.
1. Google Analytics Cookies:Google Analytics cookies are also known as analytical or performance cookies as they help us to recognize and measure the number of persons visiting our website. It also helps us to improve our website structure and web experience for our users.
2. Strictly Necessary Cookies: Strictly necessary cookies are used on our website because they are crucial for operating any website. If we do not use these cookies on our website, our visitors will not be able to operate our website smoothly.
3. Marketing cookies:Marketing cookies are also used at our website as it helps us to set cookies on your personal computer or else, the mobile device the serve the content related to your interest. These cookies help us to build your user profile on our website as per your interests.
4. Social Media Cookies: As far as social media cookies are concerned, we use these cookies because it helps us to integrate social media functions at our website, and hence helps us a lot in advertising purpose.
5. Personalization Cookies:We also use personalization cookies on our website as it will help the users to access the website according to a predefined set of characteristics. These types of files will help the users to access our website easily by identifying the browser type, access of location to service, etc.
6. Third Party Cookies:At Skinkart, we also use third-party cookies to help the third parties to track the relevant information related to our customers.
7. Blocking or Accepting Cookies:Whenever different visitors are visiting a website, they are confused about whether to accept or reject the cookies. Well, if you want to access Skinkart, you will have to accept the cookies to ensure a smooth navigating experience at our website. However, if you do not wish for smooth surfing of our website, you can also exercise the option of blocking the cookies.
Additional Information:Apart from the above disclosure, if you also have any other questions related to cookies, you can contact us at our +91 9599182500 or else feel free to shoot an email to us at [email protected] .